I’m late, I’m late, for a very important date......
Tea parties are great fun to have, even more so when yours is a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party from Alice in Wonderland!! This theme is great for all guests and all purposes – birthday parties, bridal showers, or a summer BBQ.
There are endless lists of ideas on how to decorate your Mad Hatter’s Tea Party:
- Make cupcakes with ‘Eat Me’ on top
- Put a toy mouse in a tea pot
- Bake cookies in the shape of hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades
- Use playing cards and paper fans as table decorations
- Hang watches and clocks set to different times around your party venue
- Use mis-matching crockery sets
- Suspend hanging paper lanterns from trees around the garden – remember to keep the colours wild and wacky and suspend the hanging lanterns at different heights using coloured ribbon
If you haven’t seen the Disney Classic Alice in Wonderland or the new Alice in Wonderland featuring Johnny Depp now is the time to do so and get your inspiration! The scenes for the Mad Hatters Tea Party are filled with hanging Chinese lanterns and fairy lights!