The Hanging Lantern Company is proud to support Chesnut Tree house – the only childrens hospice in Sussex...
Chesnut Tree house cares for children and young adults from 0-19 years of age with progressive life-limiting and life-threatening illnesses, from all over the county.
The Hanging Lantern Company partnered with the charity in February 2010, and a proportion of all sales are donated to the charity. We also run ad-hoc charity fundraising events, and keep them in good supply of Chinese lanterns for charity events and functions. So, if you happen to attend a Chestnut Tree House function, you may well see our Chinese lanterns decorating the venue.
- Since partnering in February 2010, we are pleased to have made donations of £2291.28 to the charity
- We have donated £250.00 to Fifteen Cornwall - Part of a global social enterprise, founded by Jamie Oliver in 2002.
- We have donated £300.00 to The Elephant Family - A small but very determined charity which launched in 2002 with a vision of a world where the Asian elephant is no longer an endangered species.
- We are pleased to have donated £1000 worth of our black and white lanterns to Sky’s top rated program ‘Britain & Irelands Next Top Model’. Our large white and black lanterns have been used in the 9th series of BINTM for the final catwalk show in collaboration with Fashion Targets Breast Cancer. The catwalk show was hosted by international supermodel Elle Macpherson at London’s Garden Museum in Lambeth and featured a performance from Australian rapper Iggy Azalea.
- 21 of our brightly coloured paper parasols were hung at a Surrey fundraising event in aid of Breakthrough Breast Cancer organised by one of our brides. Over 200 people attended the cocktail party in June 2013 where blue, purple and pink parasols were suspended upside down from the venue’s ceiling.
- June is Stillbirth & neonatal death charity’s awareness month and to mark this SANDS Derby held an awareness event on the 23rd. This annual event aims to raise awareness of the incidence of baby death and to provide support to those affected by the loss of a baby. We donated some packets of our tissue paper pom poms in purple, blue and white to be included as prizes in the raffle to raise much needed money for this heart breaking cause.
- Honeypots Nursery in East Sussex has used a number of our small and medium paper lanterns donated for their huge refurbishment. Over 25 brightly coloured hanging lanterns have been donated to create a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party effect across the ceilings of all 3 classrooms.
- Porthleven School in Cornwall held a circus themed summer fayre in June 2013 using a number of our donated paper hanging lanterns. Over £2000 was raised on the day with our white, cream, pink, green and orange paper lanterns adorning their central circus tent.
We would like to thank all of our clients and customers for their Chinese lantern orders, and the funds that they help us generate for these very worthwhile causes.
The Hanging Lantern Team